VCTA VCE MENTOR NETWORKS
Are you in your first or second year of teaching VCE Accounting, Business Management, Economics or Legal Studies? VCTA has year-long support networks led by experienced VCE teachers (mentors). Each network will be small (up to approximately 15 teachers) allowing members to seek year-long assistance and acquire confidence.
Places in the networks are limited.
WHAT IS A VCTA MENTOR NETWORK?
Basically, being in the Mentor network means you never need be alone - help and support is at hand.
- Designed for teachers in their first or second year of a VCE study, each subject network consists of up to approximately 15 members
- You can ask the network and your ‘mentor’ any question you like relating to that subject. It might relate to how you teach something, or to clarify course content, or a SAC, or the exam...whatever!
- Each network is applicable to Units 1 to 4; in reality, probably most of the focus will be on Units 3 and 4 but it is up to what network members want to ask and do
- Each network is led by an experienced VCE teacher of that subject
- The network will, in the main, communicate via email. Members might also meet online in other ways (or even face to face) and this may vary according to what each network wishes to do
- You can share something with the group, perhaps a SAC or activity you have created and check if others think it is okay. And your mentor will share some material and activities with you.
• VCTA Individual members: no charge
• VCTA School members: $55 per person (inc GST).
• Non VCTA members: $165 per person (inc GST) (i.e. the cost of VCTA Individual Membership)
HOW TO SIGN UP AND HOW TO PAY
- Forward an email to VCTA indicating which subject(s) Mentor Network you wish to join.
- If applicable, indicate whether the invoice is to be in your name or that of your school (we will email an invoice to you)
- Upon payment (if applicable), VCTA will email you advising you of Network information and emails; and then you are underway!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Call VCTA on 03 9417 3555.