The Victorian Commercial Teachers Association (VCTA) is an independent teacher association providing leadership, professional learning programs and resources to business educators.
If you are not a member of VCTA but would like to be kept informed of VCTA activities then subscribe to our non-member update.
There are opportunities for educational organisations and businesses to partner with VCTA, and there are also attractive promotional opportunities within VCTA's journal Compak and the annual Comview conference. Read more...
- 19th May 15Flipped Learning - making it your business. Why it works, how to go about it, samples to take away
Date: A series of four (evenings) starting 19 May
Participate online or at Collingwood in Melbourne (places are limited)
- 23rd May 15Out and About! Economic and business highlights of Melbourne
A professional learning program for teachers of AusVELS Humanities (Economics/Business) and/or VCE Economics Units 1 and 2. Learn while you have fun and take away ready-to-go student excursion activities.
Date: Saturday 23 May 2015
- 28th May 15Into the real world: trending tools and apps to engage our students and enhance learning
Date: Thursday 28 May, 4.00 - 5.00pm
Online via webinar. Easy...and no need to travel!
- 3rd Jun 15The RBA and monetary policy 2015: for students and teachers of VCE and IB Economics
Five dates and locations to choose from
- 24th Jul 15A visit to The Youth Unit, Port Phillip Prison
"I never thought I'd end up here...
Date: 24 July 2015
NOTE: Registrations close one month prior i.e. Wednesday 24 June
The early closing date is to fallow time for full security checks prior to entry on Friday 24 July.
REGISTER EARLY! Strictly limited to 23 participants
In the spotlight
- Now underway! VCAA full review of VCE Economics and Business Management
This year VCAA is undertaking a full review of VCE Business Management and Economics Study Designs. A VCTA representative has been invited by VCAA to join each subject panel. Should you have any comments or suggested changes on the Study Designs for VCTA to pass to VCAA please...read more
- John Button School Prize. $2500 plus!
Do you have senior students who write well and feel strongly about where Australia is heading or should be heading? A $2500 writing prize for a Victorian secondary students plus $2000 to the school! Read more
- Social Enterprise and the iPAB Competition! Closes 26 June 2015
For Year 10 and 11 students interested in business or not-for-profit organisations...Victoria University's I Plan a Business (iPAB) is bigger and better this year. Students are to come up with an innovative idea for a business or social enterprise and submit a great business plan for the chance to win some great prizes...read more
- VCTA AGM and LIfe Members' Dinner 14 May 2015
The VCTA AGM will be held on Thursday 15 May at 6.00pm at the VCTA premises in Collingwood in Melbourne.The AGM will be followed by the VCTA Life Members' Dinner at 7.15pm at...read more
- VLF online resource for teachers of VELS and VCE Legal Studies. All listed on the one site!
- New! Behind the Brands: assessing the performance of the world’s 10 biggest food and beverage companies on a range of issues
- ' Passing Sentence' - a free, public 'hypothetical' on sentencing
- Money Smart- money management help for VET students
- LEAP into Law: support for Victorian students in low SES regional and communities