The Victorian Commercial Teachers Association (VCTA) is an independent teacher association providing leadership, professional learning programs and resources to business educators.
If you are not a member of VCTA but would like to be kept informed of VCTA activities then subscribe to our non-member update.
There are opportunities for educational organisations and businesses to partner with VCTA, and there are also attractive promotional opportunities within VCTA's journal Compak and the annual Comview conference. Read more...
In the spotlight
- VCE Accounting Study Design review update
The Victorian Curriulum and Assessment Authority has advised that the accreditation period for the current VCE Accounting Study Design will be extended by 12 months to 31 December 2018. With the current review of the Accounting Study Design underway (initially due for consultation in August 2016), VCAA will now be holding the Accounting consultation period in 2017. VCTA will keep members advised of further developments as they become available.
- The Hon. Michael Kirby Contract Law Moot Competition in September
Hosted by Victoria University, the Hon. Michael Kirby Contract Law Moot Competition is the largest moot court competition in Australia. This year, a unique opportunity has emerged for secondary school students to experience...read more
- CPA Australia Plan Your Own Enterprise Competition.
Bring out the creativity in your students and build their entrepreneurial skills through the CPA Australia Plan Your Own Enterprise Competition. Brochures/entry forms posted to schools mid/late April 2016 or visit the website. Entries close Friday 2 September 2016. Read more
- Social and Citizenship Education Association of Australia’s national biennial conference: 28 to 30 September 2016
- New activity and resource by Oxfam: Hunger Banquet
- Education. Entrepreneurs. Ecosystem Conference 25 October
- New documentary: The Trial will assist in inspiring discussion about the criminal trial process
- A series of 20 free curriculum based educational resources produced for the Australian Government’s Agriculture in Education Program